Walk and Enjoy

Walk and Enjoy
Let love be the heart of who you are

Thursday 8 January 2015

Summer days

Hello dear lovely friends, how was your New year's celebration? Mine wasn't too bad, hubby and i were invited to spend new year's eve at my friend's place, where we ate, chatted, laughed, worshipped, and contemplated the year's good and not so good events. Then, prior to midnight we headed home to watch the fireworks.

Anyhow, for some of you who are in mid-winter I thought I would share these photos of Patonga beach which is only 1 1/2 hours from Sydney. Hope this will help brighten those cold and dreary days. 

Last few days have been hot with the temperature going up as high as 35 degrees Celcius. 

 Days like this send us to a place where sun-loving people seem to congregate to enjoy a warm breeze, the freshest food, blue skies, laughter and lots of stories surrounded by friends and families. Well, hubby and I didn't miss the opportunity to enjoy the sunshine by the beach. The local pub was bustling with locals and tourists alike. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week. 


I'm joining Sandi for Tea Tea Time Tuesday, Bernideen for Tea with Friends


























At the end of our walk, we tucked in to some energy-giving meals. 


And ofcourse some dessert and a pot of tea for me.

I was able to use my Christmas tea set this year. My daughter baked some ginger men and Christmas tree biscuits. The candy cane-flavoured green tea was from Trader Joe's, its perfect for the festivity. 

16 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so beautiful! The sunshine makes everything look so warm and inviting :) Have a wonderful week, sweet lady. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sunny pictures just cheer me up on our dreary winter days. I am really looking forward to spring. Wish you a Healthy and Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, sunny pictures:) Really good for me. In Alsace we have a frost.
    Happy New Year Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely summer pictures. We haven't had much snow but definitely COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, those sunny pictures make me travel through time and bring me all the warmth and beauty of sunny days. So glad you enjoyed your holidays, wish you a healthy, sparkling New Year !
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing to me that it is summer in Australia. I enjoyed seeing your warm weather and imagining what that would be like as we have snow in Colorado and winter is here for quite a while! I enjoyed all your photos. I am so glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am only dreaming of warm summer beaches at the moment. How lovely that you get to enjoy it now! We have a temp of -20 Celsius at the moment so your beach photos are so welcome. What a fun tea with cookies. So glad you could join me for Tea Time and Happy New Year, Aida!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable Santa Claus tea set, and accompanying accessories! Your beautiful daughter sure knows how to bake the cutest gingerbread cookies! As you know, Liberty has been here for almost three weeks, Saturday, when she will depart for Toronto, once again, and we've been spending the greatest mother-daughter quality time together, which has been such a blessing. Thank you for sharing your summer happenings, my friend.

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! How nice! I will be near Sydney this summer (and in New Zealand, too) and I can't wait to go to the beach even though it will be colder there than at home in July!
    Your NY celebration sounded just right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful to see the blue waters and bright flowers! Your photos have captured a lovely day - I enjoyed coming along and sharing it with you! Here it is endless gray skies...I am dreaming of those beautiful blue seas. Enjoy this perfect time of year! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, summer--it seems so far away right now--there is snow on the ground where I live :). It must have been quite a shock to the system going from NYC and then back to Australia! I really enjoyed going through your pictures of your trip to New York and then the beach at Christmastime. Thanks for sharing all your lovely pictures! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Aida,

    Lovely photo's , I especially liked the rock ones, so much water has washed over them and left such lovely markings. I can imagine having a holiday in that little house, so cute.

    Have a lovely week Aida.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the walk on the beach! The meals looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your celebration and the food and cookies look delightful. It is winter here but where we live, in California, it reaches about 65 F most days recently. I don't know how that compares to 35 C, that is probably warmer where you are. The water, boats and beaches in your photos are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like the perfect Aussie summer, Aida. We too have been out in the sun lots and catching up with friends. Isn't this such a wonderful time of the year?

    ReplyDelete