Walk and Enjoy

Walk and Enjoy
Let love be the heart of who you are

Wednesday 12 June 2013

A cuppa with a Kanga.

The Queen's Birthday is the second last public holiday we have this year.  And to take advantage of the long weekend, we packed our camping gear and headed to the South Coast for a quick revive-survive-breather. Our destination was located in the middle of a National Park, 5 hours drive South of Sydney and set in an idyllic location, surrounded by  towering gum trees, tree ferns, cabbage palms and abundant wildlife.
We slept under a starry night, the sound of rustling gum trees, waves gently lapping on the shores, and the occasional screeching of native nocturnal mammals sheltered in the surrounding bush. 



On our way down to the South Coast, we stopped at a couple of country town markets. My persistence in finding something old and chippy paid off when I found some old English tea cups; these will be my topic on my next post.

We just love being outdoors and enjoying the pristine bushland and coastline

Our morning walks along the beach proved to be the most delightful

These Eastern grey kangaroos love grazing along the sandy beach

 They don't mind being photographed too

I made sure that I didn't go home empty handed. These are my finds: cuttle fish for our budgies, sponge, shells for my mason jars and a couple of pieces of pumice.
Cliff-face
Black oystercatcher
The spectacular view of Depot Beach
The rainforest walk is a must when staying in this national park




Kookaburra sits on an old gum tree, laugh Kookaburra laugh, Kookaburra gay your life must be



Couple of visitors joined us for brekkie....

8 comments:

  1. What a stunning spot. I love the photo of the tea cups and the kangaroos. That is so very creative.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love your beautiful coastline!
    I can't wait to read about the teacups!
    The roos are lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we will see any roos on our beach walk this morning, but it would be fun.

    When I was a kid, one of our summer camp songs was "kooka beara sits in the old gum tree, kooka beara sits " and I can't remember the rest of the words. But you brought back a flood of wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aida,

    What an exciting trip - for me!! From your new found treasure (teacup), to your alfresco guests (kangaroos), and the breathtaking coastline, I thank you for a most refreshing getaway, even if it is only for a minute!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the photos of your getaway. How extraordinary to have kangaroos so close. Living here in Canada, it would be quite the thrill! Thank you for stopping by my HOME and sharing your adventure with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible and extraordinary!!! (At least for me!) :)))
    Breathtaking images...I can't believe these darlings allow such close human contact! I am truly enthralled, dear Aida....
    As for those bunnies, I was zooming in with my camera...they're skittish little ones.
    I would love to meet some kangaroos and koalas someday!
    A lovely weekend to you,
    - Irina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to have found your blog today. I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll stop by and visit with me too.



    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tassel, really love those spot. Your camera angles are perfectly good. So you've seen those cabbage palms in that part of the coastline? Did you know that you can make use of those berries from cabbage palms? According to what I've read about this saw palmetto berry are possibly good ingredients alternative on hair care products for hair loss and even some prostate problems. Not sure about this but I've read some more about it.

    ReplyDelete