Walk and Enjoy

Walk and Enjoy
Let love be the heart of who you are

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Autumn that May last

One more week till autumn says goodbye.  Deciduous trees are in the last stage of their colour explosion. I will miss those vivid yellow, burnt orange, flaming red leaves of maple trees, liquid amber, plane trees, Chinese tallow and their like. I love walking on those colourful, soft leaf-lined streets where I go for my walk during my lunch break. As the trees prepare for the cold weather, our garden is showing resiliency. I've picked the last pumpkins, mandarins, tangelos and blood oranges. Mr Tassell planted some bulbs (daffodils, ranunculus, hyacinths), foxgloves, sweet peas, and heaps of annuals.  Whilst the winter veggies are gently moving ahead. Snow peas, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage are growing well. English spinach, shallots and  some mesculin mix salad are almost ready to pick.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable spring day!


























I found this hopper sitting on the orchid, and I cant help myself but to take its photos. It didn't seem to bother him.


One of the talking points in our garden; the lady bird bath and her little friend; our boy bird feeder.



                                         Before and after picture of Zygo cactus




                                                                                Begonia


                                                       Tibouchina


                                                                  Cyclamens

                                                   
                                                        Another happy orchid

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aida,

    What beautiful images of late fall! I can almost hear the rustling of those burnt amber leaves, drying up due to windier weather. Your flowers are so pretty! Love the aloe vera in that bright butterfly pot!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete