Walk and Enjoy

Walk and Enjoy
Let love be the heart of who you are

Thursday 2 May 2013

Mayday, Mayday......a pot of home-grown herbal tea for remedy.

Throbbing head, runny nose and a sore throat....just a few of the symptoms that were enough to send me to bed.
I'm switching to unconventional medicine for natural remedy. I have all the resources and ingredients to create my own concoction to suit my body needs. Growing your own herbs for a variety of reasons has never been so easy and fulfilling. Not only do we treasure their practical uses but they're cheap, fresh and readily available. I rely on them for their potency and efficacy.
With the help of some experts, I was able combine their ideas and added some of my choice herbs to add a little punch to my personal brew.





Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia Citriodora) is native to Australia, can grow up to 5 meters. It's known for its versatility of uses from kitchen savoury, pharmaceutical applications to cosmetic products. Its healing properties includes easing sore throats and it has some sedative effects.






Lemon Verbena has been known or its aromatic qualities and and treatment of various ailments. Medical research found it useful for treating nervous tension, palpitations, anxiety, bronchitis, headaches, colds, nausea, congestion, cramps and even colds.





Cardamom ginger - known for its fragrant leaves. Can be used to wrap fish, rice or add to tea.











Thank you dear friends for visiting. Wishing you all a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. Have to pay you a visit to see your herbal tea garden. Maybe, you can give me a taste test as we'll. cheers. Love what you do

    ReplyDelete