Walk and Enjoy

Walk and Enjoy
Let love be the heart of who you are

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Keeping up....for Autumn

I saw her at the supermarket, she stood out amongst the rest. Her bright purple-blue dress caught my attention. As I drew closer, her most provocative scent captured my senses and brought me back to my early years here in this land with the most diverse cultures and ethnic group, a vast land we proudly call home.

She's not due to arrive till September, the time when Oz is in spring! But nevertheless she accepted my invitation for an afternoon tea at my humble home. And of course as per her preference she sat in the kitchen where she could face the window!

Dear all, you are cordially invited to join me, my family and none other than our special guest: Hyacinth Bucket (or Bouquet) if you can for tea and light refreshments. Hope you can all make it.





This set is a garage sale find...sshhh... dont tell Hyacinth.



Not quite Royal Doulton with hand painted periwinkle but it brews the most heart -
warming cuppa!



I bought them from a Polish couple who are moving back to their homeland. I paid AUS$130 for them which includes 2 tea pots, sugar bowl, 3 plates, 2 bowls, 2 tea and coffee jars, a vase, a candle holder, a big jug/ vase, cheese board, 3 mugs, salt jar and a tea light burner. I reckon it s a good buy. What do you think?



Earlier this week, I picked some blooms from whatever is blooming in our garden.


There were geraniums, dianthus, nasturtiums.periwinkle, clivias, euphorbia, cape angels or mona lavender, fuchsia, african daisies .and even the most proud hibiscus.








It was a pleasant quiet evening, all I could hear was the distant echo of the night!






Wishing you all a safe and relaxing weekend.

Blessings,

Aida

No comments:

Post a Comment